How Do I Integrate Google Assistant with my SmartRent System?
Controlling your smart home devices with your voice is made easy with Google Assistant. Any Google Assistant-enabled device (Nest Hub, Nest Mini, etc.) and most third party devices with Google Assistant built-in can connect to your SmartRent ecosystem.
Connecting Google Assistant to SmartRent:
Before getting started, ensure both your Hub and Google Assistant-enabled device are connected to the internet. Once both devices have an internet connection, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Google Home app on your phone
- Open the Google Home app
- Tap the + in top upper left-hand corner
- Tap Set up device
- Tap Works with Google
- Search for SmartRent by tapping the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen
- Tap Link
- Input your SmartRent credentials
- Tap Authorize
- Tap Done in the upper left-hand corner
Once authorized, your devices will appear on the home screen of the Google Home app and you can start controlling them using voice commands. Make sure you don't have multiple devices under the same name as this can cause issues. In order to fix this, open the Google Home app, scroll through the list of devices, and make sure each device has a unique name.