SmartRent Mobile App
What Do I Do If My Hub Is Offline?
When you log in to your SmartRent app, you may notice a message that says your Home is Offline. If you see this message, this means that the hub is not able to establish a successful internet connection.
Getting Your Hub Back Online:
To re-establish your hub’s connection, follow these steps:
- Check the Hub: Make sure that your hub is plugged into an outlet and has a visible light on it
- Check the Hub light: Ideally, the hub will display a solid green light (or solid red for certain models of the micro hubs); if the hub light is blinking green/red, this indicates the hub is having trouble connecting to the internet
- Connect the Hub to a router: Connecting the hub physically to a router with an Ethernet cable is the best way to ensure that it stays online consistently
- Reboot the Hub: This process will differ depending on the model of the hub that you are using
Identifying Your Hub:
Depending on your community, you will have one of the following hubs. Please identify which hub is connected in your home and follow the steps accordingly:
Alloy Home and Zipato Hubs:
For Alloy Home and Zipato Hubs (white rectangular hubs with antennas), follow these steps:
- Hold down "Button 2", on the top of the hub, for 5 seconds to reboot
- You should see the lights turn off - when they do, you can release the button and this will start the rebooting cycle
- Wait about 2-3 minutes for the Hub to reboot; once you see a solid green light on the hub, restart your app to see if it is back online
For the micro hubs (black and green hubs, although they may also be hidden inside of a wall-mounted enclosure with a SmartRent logo on the front):
- Unplug the hub from the power outlet
- Wait 10 seconds
- If the light remains on, remove the green lid and remove the battery from the inside as well
- Once the light turns off, you can put the battery back in and put the lid back on
- Plug the power cord back into the power outlet
- Wait about 1-2 minutes for the hub to reboot
- Once the light is a solid color, restart your app to see if it is online
There are also a couple of additional steps you can take with this hub to supplement the reboot process if it still won't come online.
- There is a small 1/2 inch slot on the bottom of the hub, on the same side as where the light would be: within this slot should be an SD card that you can pop out with your fingernail
- Pop out the SD card, put it back in, wait a couple of minutes, then check the app again
- On the back of the hub next to the Ethernet port, there may be a small USB-type memory device plugged in; if your hub has one of these, you can try disconnecting it from the hub, wait about 10 seconds, then plug it back in. The hub will likely start rebooting after this, so give it a couple of minutes and then check the app again to see if it's back online
If your hub is plugged into your router, plugged into a working power outlet, and you've attempted to reboot the hub but the hub still won't come back online, please contact our Support Team for further assistance (information listed below).